Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Angel Moroni is Installed!

I have been watching and watching for this day to arrive!  I drove by the temple last night and knew it was here - I just didn't figure it would be today - maybe tomorrow - but today was just fine too.  I saw this funny shaped white piece on the back of a truck and knew it was the capstone piece for the spire.  What I didn't know though, was that the wooden box also there on the truck held the Angel Moroni statue!








I really love this picture.  I have gone to the temple site many times on my way home from work.  I usually only see a few workers and sometimes I think, well, geez, no wonder it's taking so long to get this temple built if there's only 5 guys working on it!  Well, there are more than 5 guys, that's for sure.  Look at all of them.  I also wonder how many of them are LDS.  I wonder if they understand the importance of this particular event.

Maybe they do understand it.  They all posed for a picture before it was lifted into place.  I hope those that aren't LDS feel something special while working on this special building.  I know I do every time I sit in that parking lot looking at it.  I do every time I drive by it.

This is a phenomenal picture.  I don't think I've ever seen a picture like this from an Angel Moroni installation before.  So up close and personal.


A friend of mine pointed out a scripture mastery verse about Moroni seen in vision and written by John the Divine - Revelation 14:6-7 "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation and kindred, and tongue, and people. Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgement is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."  I guess we never thought about this scripture in reference to the angel flying through the air on a crane...

What a special day!

No comments: