Saturday, April 26, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Cindy tagged me like two weeks ago and I've been so busy that I've been unable to take part in this blog ritual until now. Even now, I should be doing laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, etc. but I am still sick and exhausted from working 69 hours this week so I am really tired and out of energy but I am taking a few minutes to do this.

Here are the rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

Everyone I know practically has already been tagged, and I know Cindy checks my blog periodically, so I'm just going to follow rule #3. I hope I can actually come up with 6 unspectacular quirks of mine!

1. I put EVERYTHING in rainbow order. All of my scrapbook paper is in rainbow order. All of my clothes are in rainbow order. All of my brads and flowers for SBing are in rainbow order. All of my beads are in rainbow order. I'm obsessed with rainbow order! (I am NOT gay!)

2. My cold food CANNOT touch my warm food. Alright, so I know it all goes to the same place, but warm/hot food makes cold food mushy and I HATE that! Lettuce does NOT belong with potatoes and gravy, nor does cucumber/sour cream salad! YUCK!!!

3. I do not like to mix my food. I normally eat one item on my plate at a time, starting with the least favorite first. There are exceptions, however. Well, only one that I can think of! If I am having mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn, I LOVE to mix all of that together! Oh, and if it's a casserole, well, then, it's okay to mix everything altogether. But, if it's a main dish and sides, no way, José!

4. I'm a perfectionist. If I'm making a poster for church or something, by golly, EVERYTHING on it better be straight, centered, and spelled correctly or I'm going to start over or keep working on it until it is.

5. I love to make lists of things I need to do - with little checkboxes next to each and every item. I love the feeling of checking something off once it's done. I'm so obsessed with this that if I'm cleaning the kitchen and make a list, I list EVERY LITTLE THING that needs to be done so it looks like I worked especially hard today! Weirdo, I know!

6. The toothpaste can be squeezed anywhere on the tube but the toilet paper MUST go over the top rather than come from underneath. Clint and I differ on this one...he always squeezes and rolls from the bottom of the tube and as for the toilet paper...well, as long as it's near the toilet, that's all that matters.

7. I do not like dessert. I would rather have a plate full of fresh, steamed broccoli than a bowl of ice cream! Growing up, we only had dessert once a month. It was usually 'cooked' Jell-o pudding in the tupperware pudding cups or homemade donuts and it was always on Sunday after we watched the Disney movie of the week as a family. I guess because we didn't have dessert that often, I don't really care for it.

8. Okay, so I know we were only supposed to do 6, but as I got going, I thought of two more! Last one, I promise! I detest sweet dinner food. I don't like anything sweet as my main course. For example, I can handle eating eggs, bacon, sausage, an omelet, biscuits & gravy, etc. for dinner ONCE IN A WHILE (breakfast foods just are not my favorite - ESPECIALLY for dinner), but DO NOT ask me to eat pancakes with syrup, french toast, or any other sweet food such as chicken made with jam in the sauce or the like. It literally makes my stomach turn and I get ill easily. I know there are tons of y'all out there that love sweet foods, but I guess it just goes back to the whole dessert thing in #7.

Okay, so there you have it. Six, I mean eight, quirky things about me. I hope you'll still be my friends after this and not think I'm a whack job!

No comments: