Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Still Sucked

Today I got up and went to a "purse party."  Yeah, not quite what I expected.  I found one that I sort of liked and was going to get it - a Coach wannabe or something.  It was $45.  Not bad, I guess.  I went to pay, but they only took cash or checks.  I never have cash - I'm too afraid of someone stealing it from me in one manner or another or of losing it.  I don't write checks to swarthy fellows that I've never met before.  I just didn't have a good feeling about the folks who were selling the purses.  So, I left.  I didn't really need that purse anyway.

I headed for the new Fry's to do some grocery shopping.  Love that store.  They were on the "case lot" bandwagon too (although nothing like the case lot sales in Utah) and so I picked up a case of sugar, 3 cases of tomato sauce, and 2 cases of ramen.  It was super hot outside and I about died lugging it all from the truck into the house, so I left the cases in the garage until Melon Man got home from work and he brought them the rest of the way in for me.

After that, I got nothing else done...except the ward bulletin.  I really do love the look of the new bulletin.  The first week that I did it, I got a ton of compliments.  I accepted them very humbly because I did not want them to be overheard by the gentleman who used to do it and for his feelings to be hurt.  I really do love this new calling though and I've been able to streamline it so it doesn't take a ton of time to do it.  In fact, I think it takes longer to copy and fold all of them!

I was still having a poopy day today emotionally.  Melon Man understood and brought me flowers and my favorite ice cream - Baskin Robbins' Peanut Butter and Chocolate.  Yum.  I didn't eat any of it though - just put it in the freezer for the next time when I truly wanted some.  I'm really not a sweets fan - more of a savory gal - but when I get a hankerin' for something sweet, watch out.  (Update:  A couple days later I ate about 1 inch worth of my ice cream.  I then came back from Utah and wanted some...uh, yeah, Melon Man had eaten all of it!)



For dinner, Melon Man and I decided to try Texas Roadhouse.  We had a coupon for a free appetizer and we'd both been craving a good steak, so we headed out and got there about 8:30 thinking the crowds would likely been pretty dead by then.  But, that only works in our little town, not in the Peoria/Arrowhead area.  We waited an hour and 15 minutes!  And, then, the food was only mediocre at best.  Now I remember why I haven't been there in over 7 years.

I hope I have a better day tomorrow.  It's Sunday, so I'm sure I will.

No comments: