Sunday, November 1, 2009

November. Already?

I can't believe that it's already November!  We had our ward's Trunk or Treat last night.  I, once again, attempted to make chili and of course, like always, it didn't turn out how I wanted it to.  I have this particular taste I'm trying to go for and I just can't find a good recipe that will get me there.  We ended up having to have it in the cultural hall instead of outside because of a bee problem at the ramada which, in turn, ended up being far more work.  And...a lot of people didn't show up so we had a ton of food left over.  There were baked potatoes for a literal army.  No joke. 

I came home, turned off all the lights, and just sat there with the TV on and the door open for fresh air.  Dog snarfed at people as they walked by Trick or Treating.  I just didn't feel like dealing with Trick or Treaters.  I'm just not into Halloween.  Melon Man finally came home from work around 10:45.  I did the bulletin for church today and then went and spent some time with him watching TV. 

Since today is November 1st, I thought I'd do my annual "I am thankful for..." list again.  I'll put it in my sidebar on my blog and then at the end of the month move it into an entry for keep's sake.  This time of year always makes me more grateful and I want to be able to remember those things which I'm grateful for - even as the years go by...

No comments: