Monday, November 2, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

It's already November 2nd.  Where does the time go?  I mean, seriously, it was just November 1st yesterday!  All joking aside, I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by.  Maybe it's because I've missed being part of it.  Yes, I'm on one of my downers today.  Feeling bad for myself.  I won't go into it again.

I'm just down.  Maybe it's because two friends, within 24 hours, have told me they are getting divorced.  Both were total shocks to me.  I've been there.  I know what it's like.  I know the feelings they are having.  I know the problems they are experiencing.  And, it makes me sad.  One is a member of the church.  The other is not.  The one who is not has only been married for a year - she got divorced the first time just shortly after I did.  The one who is hasn't been married very long - about 4 years maybe.  I ache for them.  All I could do is put my arms around them, cry for and with them, and tell them it will get better someday.  And, it will.  Someday.  There will be far more tears along the way, but the tears seem to help sometimes.

Today, I am so grateful for the gospel in my life.  For having a stronger testimony this time around.  For making that eternal commitment and covenant as soon as we could.  For a man who loves me no matter how sad I am, how emotional I am, how fat I am.  For just being happier this time around.  For eternal families.  For knowing that if we live righteously, we will be together forever.

On a happier note...Julie and Brian have decided they are coming for Turkey Day.  We are so excited!  They will be here with us for a week.  I am taking that whole week off to spend time with them.  Melon Man will, of course, have to work - and likely even on the holiday.  I planned out our Turkey Day menu this morning and the meals we will have while they are here, along with the shopping list for both.  I feel like I'm actually one step ahead of the game right now.  Yahoo!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

A very contemplative post. We are so blessed because of the Gospel!

btw: Your blog is really nice. I love all your new touches. Would you share how you did them? I found a post separater that I liked but couldn't get it to work for me.

You are so creative and talented with this stuff!!!