Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another Day on the Sofa

I have spent most of the weekend on the sofa or in bed.  I am still bleeding quite bad, my coughing/hacking weird throat thing is still bothering me, and to top it all off, my 4 missing toenails kind of hurt.  I just don't feel well, in general, and I still have no energy to do anything. 

Yesterday, I got up, cancelled Holly for the day, tried working on Christmas presents - only made it about 2.5 hours doing that - and then headed back to bed around 11-ish.  I woke up around 2 and yep, wouldn't you know it....had a blowout.  Got in the shower to clean up and sat here and froze, so I finally broke down and turned on the heater at 3 in the afternoon.  It was only 52 degrees outside and not much warmer inside!  Melon Man got home around 3:45 and we hurried and made a salad, I finished getting dressed and tried to make myself look somewhat pretty, and we headed out the door to Auntie's house for Lisa's belated 50th birthday dinner.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel first to get her a gift since I hadn't done so already.  We got her a really darling little sofa quilt in creams and golds with sparkles on it with a Christmas tree shape on the front.  Plus, we got her a santa fairy to go with her others.  Very cute.  So cute, I got one to go with mine that I bought at the Briar Patch (that one is my very first one!).  This is a picture of what my Briar Patch fairy looks like...

It is a collectible fairy.  It's number 4,716 out of 10,000 or something like that.  Mine is the 5 Golden Rings fairy of the 12 Days of Christmas Fairies Collection by Mark Roberts.  Lisa and I only got the 9" ornamental size and I have now learned that they actually have 17" and 20" sizes which have more embellishment to them.  (Those two large ones in the picture are the 17" and 20" sizes).  I would love to start collecting these!  They are quite costly though...the 17" ones start at $63.

We had a very nice time with everyone at the party.  I just didn't feel very well, so I'm afraid I wasn't very good company.  We left around nine and headed home.  Melon Man had to lock up the church so we stopped by there on the way home and then we came home, I finished up the bulletin for church, got it emailed off, and then went off to bed.  I didn't sleep well because we were "camping" because we had to strip the bed because of my blowout and I hadn't had time to wash the sheets and mattress pad before we left.  So, we laid out our sleeping bag on the mattress, then put a blanket over us. 

Since the bed wasn't "made", I didn't sleep all that well.  I woke up this morning and had all intentions to go to choir practice and then to church, but as the morning wore on, I just couldn't do it.  I've literally spent almost the entire day on the sofa.  Melon Man had to go to church without me again.  He came home and picked up some of the house and then made us boiled hot dogs and Kraft macaroni and cheese for dinner.  It tasted so good - just so comforting. 

Soon, Brother Cowden stopped by to help Melon Man give me a blessing.  He, too, it seemed, struggled to find the right words concerning my problems.  What is wrong with me?  I truly feel like I probably have uterine cancer like my mom did.  She was 4, almost 5, years younger than me when she had it and had to have a hysterectomy.  One thing he did say that I was caught offguard by was that I need to take the time to let my body heal and that I need to let my family and friends help me.  I thought a lot about that.  I'm just not the type of person to ask others for help.  I've always been very independent.  Truly...what does all of this mean?

No comments: