Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"I'm Going to Be a Little Late...."

Today on the way home from work, I called Melon Man and asked him to meet me at Peter Piper for dinner.  We hadn't been there in a long time and it was just sounding fast and good, plus I'd worked a long day and didn't want to have to go home and make something.  He agreed and I headed for the restaurant.  A few minutes later, he called me back to say he was going to be a little late - with an odd sound in his voice.  I asked why, hesitantly....thinking maybe he'd gotten in an accident or such.  However, this is what was going on, just 5 doors down the street from us....(sorry for the "fake" image...Melon Man deleted his video he took!)
The fire department, police, an ambulance and paramedics, along with the HAZMAT team were all there!  The street was blocked off and Melon Man couldn't leave.  After a few minutes, he found out what happened....

Apparently, the people who live there had ordered something from someone on eBay and it arrived today.  When they opened it, it started to make them cough and have a hard time breathing so they thought it may have been tainted with something.  But, apparently, it wasn't, so all is good in la-la land again.

No comments: