Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tornado!


Yep, that's what we're all watching the skies for tonight.  We're under a tornado warning here in Lake/Cook counties.  It's actually kind of scary.  It's one thing to be under a tornado warning at home in Arizona in the daytime because 1) it's pretty rare for us to have a tornado in Arizona (although we have had 2 warnings in the 9 years I've lived in my town) and 2) in the daytime, it's easier to see the tornado, if there is one.

However, here in Illinois, they actually have tornado warning systems, sirens, alarms, procedures, safety corridors, etc.  And...tonight, it's actually nighttime when the tornado warning is active so you can't see the actual tornado, if there is one.  So, I'm a little nervous, but they say the warning should drop to a tornado watch by midnight and then dissipate throughout the rest of the night. 

I'm sure I'll be okay, it's just a little unnerving....

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Scary - Shane's sister said the sirens and alarms were pretty freaky out there!

Casey Lu said...

Sorry about this weekend. I pretty much have been staying off the computer and trying to collect my thoughts. Yeah I have been pretty down for the last few months and I have an appointment on the 16th to get some counseling. So hopefully that will help. Other than that not much going on here except the kids started school today so that at the same time might be a bit of a stress relief. I hope you are alright and that not a single tornado touched down where you are at! They scare the heck out of me and I don't want to see one here in AZ. Let me know when you get back into town. Talk to you soon!