Saturday, December 25, 2010

On My 9th Day of Christmas Break...

...I woke up and had two of the best tamales I have ever eaten. No clam chowder for me this year for breakfast.  There is a HUGE pot of it left over though - so all are welcome to come back for seconds or thirds or fourths!

Today, so far, I'm still feeling okay - just tired. I fell asleep on the sofa again last night and laid there until about 4:30 a.m. When I finally went and got into bed, Melon Man had the comforter (the big heavy one) all pulled up and all night long my feet kept scratching on it and I was worried about snagging it and ruining it so I didn't sleep well at all. Maybe I'll go lay down on the sofa now and take a nap. Probably shouldn't...have a lot of clean-up left to do. Thank goodness Linda did a lot of the dishes already! So appreciative for that!

Worked on cleaning up a few more of the dishes, got showered and ready, then Linda and Desert Dweller arrived to pick me up.  We cruised over to Lisa's and visited with her and waited for everyone else to arrive, including Melon Man and Dog and Gwen, Bob, and Keifer.

I caught this picture not really realizing the contrast between the beautiful Christmas table and the skull mug Lisa was drinking from until after I glanced at the picture in the viewer!

Dog could barely wait to get outside with Maxine.  They were so excited to see and play with each other!  They immediately got in the pool.  That water had to be so cold, but I don't think they cared - they were just happy to be with each other!  They both even had their Christmas "outfits" on!

Soon it was time for dinner.  Lisa made a lovely prime rib, twice-baked potatoes, cucumber salad, brussell sprouts, hunter sauce, shrimp cocktail with massive shrimp, ham, rolls, and stuffed mushrooms.  Linda also provided the deviled eggs.  (Funny...I didn't take a picture of the meat!)

Everything was really yummy.  See?  It was THAT good.

We visited for a bit and then I went in and started cleaning up.  But, first, I took these fun pictures of Melon Man with my phone's camera...

I also snagged this fun picture of Desert Dweller in his Christmas Cracker Crown!

Melon Man and I had to leave around 7:30 so we could get home in time for him to get ready to go to work.  Yes, he had to work on Christmas night.  Bummer.  We spent a little time together and then he was off to the land of melons and broccoli.  I ended up falling asleep on the sofa - again - alone.  Kind of a bummer end to Christmas Day.

No comments: