Saturday, April 23, 2011

I Should Buy a Lottery Ticket!

So cool...how often do we pay attention to what the mileage is on our vehicle?  Well...unless you're my dad.  I bet he still tracks the mileage every time he buys gas like he did when I was a child.  Most of the time, I think we all miss the "milestone" mileages because we're just so busy driving that we don't really see them. 

This is the year of the numbers...9/10/11, 1/11/11, 11/11/11, etc.  Well, just the other day I happened to notice just how close I was to 77777 for the mileage on my truck, so I've been watching it very closely.  As we headed over to Lisa's yesterday for our Saturday Easter dinner, I watched and watched.  I was just about 4 miles short as we pulled up.  Bummer!  I knew it would change as Melon Man drove it to work and I went home with Linda and Dave and he wouldn't capture it on "film".  It so happened that we decided to leave together and so just as we got on the freeway, it changed over and I was able to grab this picture!  The tripmeter was almost all 7s as well!  That would have been pretty awesome!

No comments: