Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bread Night at Sister V's

Tonight we had Mutual at our house.  I taught the girls how to make the yummy artisan bread that I make.  They had a really good time and were so excited to learn how to make it, but I think even more so, they were excited to eat it!

After we got the bread prepped for baking, new dough made and into the fridge, and then loaves into the oven, we made College Cookbooks that the girls could take with them to college so they have recipes that will feed a small number of people or would not cost a lot to make.  The cookbooks all turned out so cute and individual - just like the girls.

I caught a glimpse of goodness in these girls tonight.  They were laughing and having a great time together.  No apparent tension - which was good.  I am getting to know them better and they are starting to warm up to me more, I think.  I hope.  It's hard to come in and take over where there was someone else before that they were used to and hope that they draw close to you as well.  In June, it will have been a year since I started teaching in Young Women.  I hope that in that time I've taught them something good that they will remember years from now.  I find that as I pray for them, I draw closer to them and they seem to draw closer to me.

As each loaf of bread came out of the oven tonight, it was fun to see the excitement in their faces when they saw how large their loaves had gotten.  We took this cute picture at the end of the night...too bad Sammy and Tina weren't able to be with us.
 And, of course...the obligatory "silly" picture...

No comments: