Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Gout Update

I went in two weeks ago and had a blood draw done to see if the vegetarian eating has helped with my uric acid levels.  I hadn't heard back yet from the doctor, so I called this morning and found out my level has dropped from 9.1 to 7.9.  Normal is 2.3-6.6.  So, although I've dropped 1.2, the doctor wants me to start taking a med.  I'm not too thrilled with that.  I want to give it a little while longer to see if it will come down more.  It didn't climb that high overnight; it's not going to dissipate overnight either.  Guess I'll have to go in and see him to discuss it.

1 comment:

Lisa Tucker said...

This is good news! I think you are doing a great job. You may need a little med to kick it in high gear. Than tapper off of them. But all in all you are doing great!! Keep up the good work.