Thursday, November 15, 2007

Water - Finally!

Well, the water people finally arrived between 1:30 and 2:00. With 'almost' a turn of a knob, there was water again. I found out shortly before they arrived, that there was no lock on the valve, they had just turned it off. There were 54 other "turn-ons" today in our community. That seems pretty high. I bet a lot of other people missed receiving a bill too, not just me. Oh well, over, done with, and the toilets are moving stuff along again. Yeah!

It has been incredibly cool here today - thank goodness! It's only the middle of November already and it's still in the 80s and almost 90s sometimes. It was overcast this morning and actually even rained about 879 drops (across all of Surprise). I've had the windows and doors open all day and it's been so lovely.

I worked from home today and got quite a bit done, but certainly not as much as I'd hoped to accomplish due to technical difficulties and interruptions. Tomorrow will just have to be a super productive day at work! Tomorrow I get my yearly evaluation and I'm hoping for my promotion. If I don't get it, I will be highly disappointed and actually quite upset. But, I'm trying to be positive and believe that it will happen. Wish me luck.

No comments: