Friday, January 4, 2008

Taking Two Days Off Work Already!

Wow, so it's the 2nd business day of the new year and I'm already taking two vacation days! Couldn't help it....everyone else took time off during the holidays and I got a little jealous that I didn't. PLUS, scrapbooking is on QVC for two days so I'm staying home to relax and shop! I don't plan on getting out of my jammies the whole time (other than to bathe). I love just sitting there watching QVC and seeing what Lisa Bearnson has to show us. I realize that everytime I see her on there and then I buy something, that I'm just helping finance all those fun trips she takes and her big house, and everything else, but do I stop? No. That's her choice of profession and luckily for her, it's made her lots of money. If I'm too jealous of her possessions and life, then I need to do something in my own life that will help me join her ranks. But, is life all about the "stuff?" No. So, why worry about it? I won't. Not anymore. I'll just enjoy my little escape, being home in my comfy house, sitting on the sofa, wrapped up in a blanket, with paper and pen in one hand, the phone in the other! (Even though I should be cleaning the house.)

Update: I didn't end up buying too much...just a few things. Some cute acrylic brads, some Heidi Grace cards, some copper letters, and 40 spools of grosgrain ribbon in a ribbon box. I cancelled 2 other items I'd ordered! Oh...but a few days later, on HSN, there was the world launch of the new Crop-O-Dile Big Bite and of course, I had to buy it. Such a cool tool! Can't wait to get it!!!

No comments: