Sunday, February 3, 2008

Feeling the Spirit

In church today, I felt the Spirit so much as people bore testimony of their love for President Hinckley. It was probably the best Sacrament Meeting we've had in a long time. It was interesting though how people wouldn't mention President Monson's name when speaking of the new president of the church. Sure, I know he hadn't been formally announced, but for the longest time, the process has been the same for selecting the new president so it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that President Monson would be the next leader. I think it caught people off-guard though when Clint said the closing prayer in Sunday School and mentioned President Monson's name in relation to being the new president!

There have been many wonderful tributes to President Hinckley floating around blogs, the internet, and the media the last few days. Here, now, is one of them. After watching it, there will be a line of pictures at the bottom of the screen. You can click on a picture to watch another tribute.



Every time I see this one, I miss him more and realize just how much I have to learn from him still.

No comments: