Monday, February 4, 2008

A New First Presidency


I was off work today to watch scrapbooking on QVC all day and luckily, I got to watch the announcement of the new First Presidency. Clint pegged it right - as usual. President Thomas S. Monson was announced as the new President of the church. Henry B. Eyring is the new First Counselor and Dieter F. Uchtdorf is the new Second Counselor. I wouldn't have ever guessed about Uchtdorf, but Clint just seems to know. He did that when President Faust died and President Eyring was put in the First Presidency in his place.
These are all wonderful men and will lead the church well. There is a divine reason that President Uchtdorf was called...I just know it. I mean, he was third from the bottom in Apostleship seniority. I just think he might eventually be the first president of the church someday not born in the U.S. One never knows!

No comments: