Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bartlett Lake Day

Took the day off work today to spend with Dad and Clint. We started off the day by going to the eye doctor for Clint. Not good news. He is bleeding in the back of his eyes because his diabetes is not being managed properly. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE WORKING ON THAT ONE! We did pick out some stylin' new glasses for him though! Bringin' him into the 21st century. They should be in in about 10-14 days.

After we left the eye doctor, we drove out to Bartlett Lake. Dad and I had never been there. It was a nice sized lake with a nice boat ramp. The lake is REALLY full...like, seriously, you'd hardly have to put the boat trailer into the water to get the boat off. We drove down to the Riverside campground, but I didn't like it very much. I'm just not a desert camper. I love the MOUNTAIN campgrounds too much!

After that, we started to head back to the west side of town toward home. We decided to go to Cabela's though. I'd never been there and so we were there for about 2 hours. We all bought some new fishing lures. Now...we just have to get out and use them!

After that, we headed home. Today is Jen & Shane's 15th anniversary. Congrats to you too! You've certainly come a long way!

Dad brought with him some of his beading things. Last night or the night before, he and I sat for hours working side by side beading. He was making snowmen and suncatchers. I was making necklaces. I wish I had taken some pictures, but I didn't. Don't you just hate it when a moment like that passes you by? Anyhow, he has done a great job with them. He's actually going to teach how to make some of them at the Senior Centers he's been going to. I'm proud of him for stepping out and going there - it's given him an opportunity to make some new friends and do something he enjoys rather than sitting around at home all the time missing Mom.

No comments: