Friday, February 8, 2008

Open Windows, Sunroofs, and Convertibles!

Today was FANTASTIC! When I left work (at my 'normal' time of 3:45 p.m. today), I walked out of the building to a sunny, slightly warm afternoon. The warmth felt so delicious on my skin and face. It was one of those days that you just get in your car and say, "Hmmm, I think I'll roll down the windows today!" and you do. And, so does everyone else around you. People all over are driving with their windows down, their sunroofs open, or the tops down on their convertibles. It was so great. It's one of those times that you're reminded of God's plan and that Christ made all of this for us to enjoy. It's a reminder of Him - and sometimes, life is just so hectic that slowing down and enjoying these wonderous types of moments is just what we need to get us through.

On a sad note though, Julie miscarried her baby last night. She was 10 weeks along and she said the baby came out intact. She was able to see its fingers and organs but could not yet tell what sex it was. Please pray for their family as they go through this time of mourning.

Dad arrives tomorrow night to spend a week with us over my birthday. It will be nice to have him here with us. We're going to head to the temple one day, go to Cabela's another, finally install the new shower door in the guest bathroom that has been sitting there for over 6 months, and go on a daddy-daughter date to a valentine's party at the Crocket's house on my birthday since C has to work. Oh, and we can't forget to do the taxes while he's here too!

No comments: