Monday, March 31, 2008

Spirit-Filled Sunday

Went to church yesterday even though I was (and still am) really sick. Had to make announcements for HFPE and get the rest of my ladies that I need for the program. Hacked up my lungs, at least what would cough, through most of my meetings and when I wasn't hacking I was blowing my nose or it was running for all it could.

Sacrament meeting was probably the most spiritual Sacrament meeting that I have experienced in the last 3 years. A lot of people got up and bore testimony of the beautiful sealing power in the temple. It was so incredible to see Holly's family there yesterday, gathered together, being sealed as an eternal family. When their children came into the room, it was as if the light brightened in the room with their glow. They looked SO beautiful, all in white. I started to cry as I realized that this would be the way it would have to be if C and I ever are able to bring children into our family.

Sunday School was good, but I don't recall much of what we discussed because I was in and out dealing with my nose, announcements, etc. We had our combined 5th Sunday lesson with the Bishop. He addressed a lot of the things that people are coming and complaining to him about. He said he has really struggled this last year with all of it and has been trying to find the answers to how to make things better. It was recently that he discovered that he can't make everything better for us. We have to do that ourselves. He's only there to help guide us. He looked at everything that people are struggling with and came to one common factor that isn't occuring in our ward. People are not reading their scriptures. Even more than that, they aren't STUDYING them. He spoke of President Hinckley's challenge a couple years ago to read the Book of Mormon by year's end. He's now giving our ward the same challenge again, but rather than to just read it, he wants us to study it. This is going to be difficult for me as I still haven't found a time to read and now I actually have to study it. But, I made a commitment to him that I will do as he asks.

After church, Casey and I went VTing. We had just one sister left - the bishop's wife - Sis. Kelley. It was a nice visit, although I feel like she was a little uncomfortable with me being there (it was my first time visiting her). Maybe it was my own discomfort since I am one who has felt uncomfortable in this ward for so long. I guess only time (or discussion) will tell.

It's about 5 a.m. now and I'm trying to get ready for work - early Staff meetings this morning - 6:30 a.m. for my New Albany group. I'm still so sick and probably shouldn't go to work today, but I have so much to do in the next two weeks with EVERYTHING that missing a day will throw everything off schedule. So, I'm going to go, see what I can get done and how long I can make it. If I end up leaving, well, at least I gave it a shot.

One last thing...If you know my dad, please give him a call to help cheer him up. He could really use the encouragement with his illness and failing sight due to the shingles. Jennifer could use your prayers too in helping her have the continued strength to keep caring for him on her own. I wish I could help in some way, but it's hard from here.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Don't you just love those kind of Sunday meetings. Where you glean so much! Yes, I am praying for them and for you too!