Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Flat Stanley Goes to Peter Piper Pizza

I didn't get a lot of time at work the last two days to actually do my real work since we had our Business Continuity Awareness Fair on Tuesday and I had to work it plus some other reason on Monday, so I decided to drive into work today and stay late. I got there at 5:45 a.m. and left at 6:30 p.m. It was an extremely long day. Needless to say, I wasn't wanting to come home and have to make dinner, so I called C and we agreed to meet at Peter Pecker for dinner. We had our usual: original pepperoni pizza, wings, and breadsticks. Even the price on dinner here has gone up! Flat Stanley wasn't very hungry tonight so he just shared my soda. Amazingly, we weren't very thirsty either...we normally go get a refill or two on soda but not tonight. We were just too tired to get up and go get it. Hello...Peter Piper...can you please send someone around with a pitcher of soda to refill our cups?

We had a nice conversation and then went home and rested for a few minutes before climbing into our comfy bed and collapsing into a heap of slumber.

Oh, and before I forget...I called today and cancelled the order for the dining table. I just wasn't loving it. But...I DID start looking for what I truly want...a large black country hutch, with cherry accents, a cherry-topped table with black legs and then similar chairs with comfy seats and backs. I think I found something online...now I just need to find a place that's local where I can go check it out!

No comments: