Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Can't Believe I Made This!

Oh my gosh! I actually taught myself how to make my new blog header! The background actually came from a free background site, but the header I did all by myself! I love, love, love it!

So, I had grandiose plans today to do nothing. But, that didn't happen - very much anyway. This morning I slept in until about 8:30. Dog cuddled up with me and we just slept.

About an hour or so later, I got a call from my dear friend Sharon. She wanted to meet up for lunch after she and Tater ran around for a bit to check into stuff about moving back to AZ. So, I worked on updating my blog for the week. All of a sudden she calls and says they are ready to eat. Oh my! Where did the time go!?!? I hurried and jumped in the shower and got ready. Off I went to....where else....Macayo's! She loves Mexican food and doesn't get to have it very often because her kids don't like it. So, that's where we went. We had a ton of fun catching up and visiting. She showed me pics of the kids. I can't believe how big the kids have gotten in just 5 years. Why do they change so much in their younger years? It was so good seeing them again!

After we parted, I went to Target - since I was out and about. I've been wanting to search for some video organizers for a couple of weeks now. I saw an article in a magazine recently on organizing your home and simplifying. The article showed how the homeowner used portable CD cases - the kind that hold like 4,000 CDs in those little sleeves - to organize and simplify their DVD collection.
I thought to myself when I saw it - I would never want to use those to store my DVDs! I love all the cases they come in with the pretty pictures, etc. Well, that lasted all of about 2 or 3 days before I realized the wisdom in that idea! So, off I went today to find a system I would like. I came back with 4 cases that hold 96 DVDs each. They look very similar to the smaller one on the right, but in solid brown and without a handle on the outside. There is a strap handle, but it tucks inside. I can stack these on their ends along with the scrapbooks in our built-in nooks in the entertainment niche and they will fit right in. That freed up quite a bit of space in the niches where the videos were. Now, they won't look all messy and we'll be able to more easily find the movies we're looking for. Yay!

C came home and I made stroganoff for dinner. Then, I worked on my piece for the Relief Society newsletter. Now, just finishing up blogging and heading off to bed. We're supposed to be going to Gilbert tomorrow to go see C's Uncle Gene. He's not doing too well and we want to see him before he passes on. I hope I handle it okay. I really like Uncle Gene and I'm sure it will be hard to see him like he is right now.

The Sabbath starts in 8 minutes...here's to hoping it's restful, peaceful, spiritual, sacred, and quiet.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

GREAT catching up. Let me know how you like the new dvd system over time. I'm still like you mentioned: I like it all in their own cases with the color of the case etc. Did you alphabetize the dvd's in the cases? Do you have an index?

Yeah, I had to finally switch to bifocals a few years ago. They aren't too bad! I got the progressive lenses so you don't see the line.

Cindy said...

p.s. and I LOVE how you did your new page. Very smart and fun. You are so talented.