Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Temple Time

Well, back to work today. I wasn't looking forward to it too much though (although I am so glad to still have my job!). Friday will be my boss's last day and I am not looking forward to it at all. I will miss him so much. He is the only boss that I've ever had (that I can remember anyway) that has actually made me WANT to come to work EVERY day and actually miss being there when I'm not. The upcoming changes will be different and I wonder how long it will be before the "transitional" attitude changes among some of the leaders. Only time will tell.

It feels like it's been forever since we've been to the temple. Dang. I hate that. I find so much peace and comfort there. I wish it was closer. Someday we will have the new Phoenix temple which will be closer, but who knows when the heck that will be? I'm tired of waiting. Let's get on with it already!

Melon Man and I had a little tiff (and I mean very little) just before we went in. I was extremely hot and I get incredibly cranky and irritable when I'm hot. Remind me again why I live in Arizona? It set me off on the wrong foot altogether and I just wanted to be able to go sit and be quiet in the session and have him leave me alone for a good 74 minutes. But no, we were asked to do sealings as we walked in. I'd never done them before so I hopped at the opportunity. By the time we got done in the office, dressed, and then back to the office, I was sweating like a pig. I seriously need to get a new dress that is pure cotton so it's cool. Either that, or I need to wear a fan around my neck.

Anyhow...where was I? Oh yeah...

So, finally it was our turn and I'm still upset. How can I do this with these feelings right now? I finally just turned it over to the Lord and mentally asked for his help. Here I was, in the House of the Lord, and I was upset with my eternal companion. So wrong. I looked at him and he winked at me. That was it. I melted (figuratively, but I was definitely heading down the literal path as well). I knew everything was okay. I knew he still loved me no matter how hornery I can be or how much sweat is rolling down my face. It was such a good feeling to know that we were in the right place, doing the right thing, and just being us. He was truly the only one I could focus on at that time. We finished our session and decided to head home. We stopped at Olive Garden for some dinner and just enjoyed each other's company.

I don't know what it is about this man, but even on the days when he frustrates me beyond all compare and I get upset or angry or irritable or hornery or mad or ticked off or rude or whatever, he still loves me and I still love him. Those winks...oh geez...I seriously hope he never has a stroke and loses that ability because there is just something about them that turns me to goo....

No comments: