Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's Fall

...and that means it's time to decorate!  Okay, so I'm not so much into the season decorating these days...in fact the very thought of dragging all the Christmas stuff in next month makes me dread it...but for some reason I decided to get out all of my pilgrims and put them out.  They are so cute.  When I was in Utah trying to help Jennifer recover, we ventured out one day to Real Deals and the Holy Cow Boutique.  There I bought a set of indians and a set of pilgrims.  I couldn't bring them home because of my limited baggage on the plane so I left them there knowing I'd be coming back in 2 weeks.  So, I was really excited to get them and put them out when we got home.  But...to my amazement, I'd bought a female indian that I already had....that's okay, my male indian now has two squaws....



Holly came to clean today and I was so glad.  The house was disgusting - it'd been six weeks since she'd been here and Dog has been shedding so there was hair everywhere, dust everywhere, and just yuck.  It feels good to be in a clean home again.  Worked on stuff around the house while she cleaned and by the evening, I was tired.  Melon Man and I had planned on going out for pizza at Peter Piper, but the sheer thought of all the noise just solidified my decision to stay home.  So, we ordered Barro's.  Now, the saddest part of this tale is that when the girl taking my order asked me for our major crossroads, I laughed and told her that this was really embarrassing, but they were "X" and "Y" which are the major crossroads for the restaurant!  Seriously, as the crow flies, we're about 1/2 of a mile from the restaurant.  Sad, I know.  But, it was worth it.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's so funny about the two squaws! I still love the turkey you got and the Corn Pilgrims. They are adorable!