Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of Class

Today was our first day of Teradata training.  It was interesting and I learned things I didn't know, but the teacher was just horrible.  He wouldn't really let us put into practice what we were learning until we got a couple of chapters in.  Then, we had some time to do the sample projects.  Then, we'd do a few more chapters, then apply.  It didn't work very well for a class of people who had never done any of this before.

After class was over, we all went back to our hotel rooms, ordered room service, and worked.  We were giving up a lot of good work time being at this class and so the work had to be done sometime.  It was about 1 a.m. when I crawled into bed.  I guess that's not too bad considering it was 11 p.m. to my body.  But, it sure isn't going to feel good when I go to get up at 6 a.m. tomorrow and my body thinks it's 4 a.m. still!

No comments: