Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday


I have only ever been Christmas shopping on Black Friday ONCE.  And that was enough for me.

I know some people are total freakazoids about Black Friday and LOVE it, but not me.  All the crowds, the lines, people being rude to each other, fights, stealing, greed.  I hate all of it - it starts my holiday mood off on the wrong foot.

But, on the other hand, there ARE great deals on Black Friday - if you're able to get them.

Melon Man had to work last night since the almighty, money grubbing Wallyland decided to start their Black Friday sales on Turkey Thursday instead.  The ONLY good thing about him working the earlier than normal shift they gave him was that he got out of there early...3 AM early.

I knew he was home when the house alarm started going off at 3:30.  Amazingly, I didn't freak out when it went off and I was still dead asleep.  I guess I just knew it would and I was okay when it did.  I did, however, roll over and look at the clock just to be sure the time was when he was supposed to be coming home and not some other time when some bad guy may have been coming through the garage again.

He came and crawled into bed with me and the two of us just laid there trying to go to sleep.  For 90 minutes we tried.  We just couldn't go to sleep.  So, he got up and came in to the office to read "bogs".  I laid there and did stuff on my iPad.  Finally, around 5:30 I couldn't take it anymore.  I got up, got dressed, said goodbye, and I decided to venture out into the Black Friday shopping mess.

Luckily, the roads were pretty empty.  And luckily, the two stores I went to were not horribly packed.  The first one was pretty busy, but really only one section and that line was LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.  Like, winding all through the store long.  I bet those folks will have stood in line for 2 or 3 hours by the time they are done.  Not me.  I got to go to the fast line and only stood there for about 3-5 minutes.  Yay!  Score one for me on Black Friday.

Then, I went to Petsmart for doggie presents for Dog and Maxine.  They were having a PHENOMENAL sale on doggie babies and stocking treats.  Got some fun things.  Will have to take some pictures and post them after Christmas - don't want Dog to get on the blog and find out what his presents are before Christmas, you know.  He's a big sneak lately.

Came home around 8/830, fell asleep on the sofa until noon.  Felt really good.

With today's shopping, I'm pretty much done except just a couple little things and what I still may get online.  That's a great feeling.  As a friend of mine put it today..."Another Black Friday shopping spree is in the books. A few hours of sleep, a little time wrapping, and the rest of a Christmas season to enjoy with family." Well, I did no wrapping yet and unlike him, don't have the tree up yet, but I'm on my way.  And that's fine with me.

No comments: