Saturday, October 20, 2007

Garage Sale Day

Well, we ended up never getting to the lake yesterday. We just went and bummed a little. Had to buy a new DVD player as ours 'gave up the ghost' the other day and won't play anything at all. We even tried cleaning the lens and it won't even play that DVD.

I fell asleep on the sofa at 7 pm and finally at midnight C and I went to bed. We had to get up at 6 because today was our semi-annual community garage sale. We made whole whopping $42.50 (wow-that paid for our Chinese food from the other night!). We didn't have much to sell to begin with, so it wasn't a huge disappointment. C sat outside most of the day by himself and handled it while I tried to make this flippity-jibit poster for HFPE for church tomorrow. I'm so frustrated! I can't get my nifty little machine to do what I want it to do! I've spent hours trying and I get close, then nada.

The weather here was quite warm today - about 90 degrees. The evenings are cool though and we sleep with the windows open now.

Felt God's touch in my life today when He protected us from being in an accident. We were cruising down the road, heading back from dropping some things off at DI when all of a sudden C slammed on the brakes. We came pretty close to hitting the car in front of us. There was a stalled car a few cars ahead that had nobody in it or nearby and it caught everyone off-guard. It was a good thing I was looking out the window or I would have freaked out. I was so grateful that we weren't in an accident! Thank You for protecting us!

No comments: